Vegtable Garden Soup w/ Pesto
Submitted by: HomeGrocer.Com
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup sliced celery
6 cups vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup sliced zucchini
1 cup sliced green beans
1/2 cup small shaped pasta or spaghetti noodles broken into small pieces
1/2 cup pesto sauce
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat;
2. Add garlic, onions, carrots and celery and saute
3. Stirring frequently until vegetables are softened about 10 minutes.
4. Add vegetable broth and salt; bring to a boil;
5. Add tomatoes, zucchini, beans and pasta;
6. Simmer until vegetables are tender and pasta is cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
7. Stir in pesto.