Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Submitted by: Kacie
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter at room temperature (2 1/2 sticks)
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between them; bake cookies no longer than 8 to 9 minutes. Remove cookies from oven; they will be puffy. Allow the cookies to sit for 1 or 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will flatten out as they cool.
Makes about 5 dozen